: Part-time, non-exempt; approximately 20 hours a week; work from home opportunity availableReports to
: Executive Director
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on four and five figure multi-year gifts to support Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity’s annual fundraising, endowment, and related programs. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among donors, sponsors and other stakeholders. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate the organization’s mission is key.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
:- Oversee portfolio of 100-200 donors and prospects (determined by part- or full-time capacity).
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with the organization.
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including: identification; qualification through research; cultivation; request for support; and prompt follow up, stewardship, and recognition.
- Direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assisting the board and other staff with solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- Collaborate with internal teams to enhance relationships, align efforts, set goals and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities.
- Participate in departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records, as appropriate.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Passion for Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity’s mission to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Outgoing nature, self-motivation, driven by results.
- Demonstrated experience and success in nonprofit fundraising, with an ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives.• Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
- Ability to make and keep friends, and establish and maintain good working relationships across various internal and external constituents.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills that compel individuals to action.
- Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer skills, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid driver’s license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to executive director, Ali Parrish, at email@example.com
. Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Iowa Heartland Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.