Come work with Iowa Heartland
Do you want a career where you get to work with great people and enjoy knowing that what you do benefits an organization that makes a positive difference in your community?
ReStore Donation Ambassador
Employment Status:Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Position Description: Promotes the overall mission of Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity (IHHFH) by being a friendly and personable Habitat representative when working with donors to the ReStore. Responsible for the pick-up and unpacking of merchandise from donors in the community. Responsible for receiving, organizing, cleaning and carrying out donations when at the store. Work is performed in individuals’ homes, at businesses, and in a retail/warehouse environment. 40-hour work week, Tuesday-Saturday.
Essential Job Skills:
- Hard-working, friendly, patient, self-motivated, and enjoys people.
- Ability to anticipate and problem-solve.
- Understands the big picture of the IHHFH ministry and that ReStore is a part of the larger goal.
- Ability to lift 75-100 pounds.
- Capacity to spend long days standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Operate forklift, if necessary, and pallet jacks.
- Ability to safely drive the ReStore vehicles to pick up donated goods.
- Ability to adapt to extreme hot or cold working conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Screen donations for product usability. Load and unload all donated materials with care.
- Communicate with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Work with and help supervise volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homebuyers and ReStore customers.
- Ensure all ReStore donors receive a copy of their donation receipt upon pick-up or drop-off.
- Log all donations as they are received.
- Clean and straighten ReStore vehicles, equipment, drop-off area and receiving area.
- Assist with organizing inventory/storage room and testing/cleaning donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6-months work experience.
- Driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Pass criminal background and sexual offender checks.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Director of External Relations, Jeff Finke, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Iowa Heartland Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.