The Builders Circle is Iowa Heartland’s multi-year leadership giving society for those who invest a minimum of $1,000 per year. It was created to recognize the important role our donors play in continuing our mission of providing homes, communities and hope for families not only in the present, but well into the future.
Your multi-year commitment will help families in need of a decent place to build long-term financial security. With an affordable, stable home, families have more to spend on food, medicine, childcare, education and other essentials.Sign up
Door Openers Club
The Door Openers Club is a special group of supporters who believe in our work and have decided to become monthly donors. Their recurring contributions mean that our work continues, and more families can attain a safe, affordable place to call home.
One of the biggest things we depend on as a nonprofit is consistency so that we can continue to help families for years to come. By becoming a monthly donor, you are helping us build strength and stability in partnership with families.
As a Door Opener, you will enjoy:
- Hassle-free monthly donations
- Automatic donation payment from your credit card or checking account
- The knowledge that your donation is put to work immediately
- An annual statement provided for tax purposes
- The ability to change or suspend your donation at any time
Generously started by Jack and Shirley Geist, Iowa Heartland has endowment fund through the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
The RoundUp App automatically rounds up a purchase from your credit or debit card and donates the change to support Iowa Heartland. You can even set the maximum amount you want to donate per month.
- Download the RoundUp App from the Apple or Google Play store, or visit RoundUpApp.com
- Create an account
- Choose Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity as your organization
- Link your credit and/or debit card
- Start supporting local families with your everyday purchases
Employer Matching Gifts
Many employers will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees and employees’ spouses, and some companies provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours.
Most matching gift programs have a minimum and maximum amount they will match per employee per year with a set match ratio. While 1:1 matches are the most common, matching gifts can be a variety of ratios.
Businesses that offer matches include CUNA Mutual, John Deere, Target and US Bank. Ask your employer today about a matching gift to Iowa Heartland.
Please designate to Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity
Charitable IRA Rollover
How the IRA charitable rollover works:
- The donor is age 70½ or older on the day of the gift.
- The donor transfers up to $100,000 directly from the donor’s IRA to one or more qualified charities. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not to other types of retirement plans.
- The donor does not receive any goods or services in return for the rollover gift in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
An IRA rollover gift to a donor-advised fund or supporting organization is not allowed. However, assets can be rolled over to other types of funds held at the Community Foundation.
Corporate & Foundation Giving
Corporate partnerships enable Iowa Heartland to build more homes in the community while building employee morale and a sense of corporate responsibility. Some companies engage at the grass-roots level, often by departments using team-building dollars to get involved and support a shared cause. We welcome corporate sponsorships at all levels from $100–1,000,000.
Philanthropic foundations consider Iowa Heartland’s building programs the ideal manifestation of funding objectives, as we partner to transform lives and our city. From small family foundations to large charities, foundation gifts are used to support operations, building projects and capital expenses.
From our earliest days, faith-based organizations have put their faith into action to build hope and transform lives. Like Habitat for Humanity International, Iowa Heartland is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety.
Iowa Heartland provides a powerful opportunity for all people to put their core beliefs about justice, loving our neighbors, equity and the environment into bricks and mortar action.