Critical Home Repair, Weatherization, and Accessibility - Inquiry Form
Eligibility criteria for the Home Repair Program are as follows:
- You must own the home where the repairs are to be made.
- You must occupy the home as your primary residence.
- You (or a member of your household) must have a need that makes the requested repairs necessary.
- Your household income must fall below 80% of the Area Median Income by income verification.
- Those receiving Home Repair services must make their home accessible during repair work. Any able-bodied household members must help during the project (where applicable).
- Applicant must demonstrate willingness and ability to contribute a down payment based on a sliding scale.
- Applicant must be willing to perform sweat equity on the project.
- Live within the service area of Iowa Heartland (Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler and Buchanan counties).
Important to understand:
- Repayment will be required and discussed with each individual applicant.
- We may only be able to commit to part of what a house needs.
Thank you for your interest in Iowa Heartland’s Home Repair Program.
If you would like to make an inquiry, call us at 319-235-9946.