Critical Home Repair, Weatherization, and Accessibility - Inquiry Form
Eligibility criteria for the Home Repair Program are as follows:
- You must own the home where the repairs are to be made.
- You must occupy the home as your primary residence.
- You (or a member of your household) must have a need that makes the requested repairs necessary.
- Your household income must fall below 80% of the Area Median Income by income verification.
- Those receiving Home Repair services must make their home accessible during repair work. Any able-bodied household members must help during the project (where applicable).
- Applicant must demonstrate willingness and ability to contribute a down payment based on a sliding scale.
- Applicant must be willing to perform sweat equity on the project.
- Live within the service area of Iowa Heartland (Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler and Buchanan counties).
Important to understand:
- Repayment will be required and discussed with each individual applicant.
- We may only be able to commit to part of what a house needs.
Thank you for your interest in Iowa Heartland’s Home Repair Program.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, call us at 319-235-9946.